View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0006051||unreal||installing||public||2022-01-05 01:18||2022-01-05 10:35|
|Priority||normal||Severity||minor||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Summary||0006051: UnrealIRCd 5 executable saying conf file doesn't exist when it does|
|Description||After installing and reinstalling, the executable gives an error saying that conf/unrealircd.conf doesn't exist when it actually does exist.|
* Loading IRCd configuration..
* config error: Couldn't open "conf/unrealircd.conf": No such file or directory
* config error: Could not load config file conf/unrealircd.conf
* config error: New to UnrealIRCd? Be sure to read https://www.unrealircd.org/docs/Installing_%28Windows%29
* config error: IRCd configuration failed to load
So I can confirm, something doesn't appear to be right.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|3rd party modules|
The path is relative to the install directory, which is the first answer you gave when running ./Config (it is ~/unrealircd/ by default). It is not relative to the current directory of the shell you are running Unreal from.
If that's not it, check the output of `strace -e file,chdir unrealircd`
Seemingly this is on Windows. In that case:
* UnrealIRCd.exe is in C:\Program Files\UnrealIRCd 6\bin
* unrealircd.conf goes in C:\Program Files\UnrealIRCd 6\conf
You can start UnrealIRCd 6 by clicking on the icon on the desktop.
A common mistake on Windows would be that the user does not have a conf\unrealircd.conf but a conf\unrealircd.conf.txt because file extension hiding is on in windows explorer.
(EDIT: And on UnrealIRCd 5 it would obviously be UnrealIRCd 5 instead of UnrealIRCd 6)