View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003938||unreal||installing||public||2010-07-18 20:58||2010-07-20 18:10|
|Priority||normal||Severity||trivial||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||3.2.9-RC1||Fixed in Version||3.2.9-RC1|
|Summary||0003938: Trigger rebuild on ./Config changing remote includes or zip links|
|Description||I noticed that editing any header file in include/ caused a complete rebuild of unrealircd. Thus, when I decided to rebuild an unrealircd that didn't have remote includes enabled as having remote includes enabled, I was surprised to see that the only file that got recompiled was url.c.|
This patch moves _SOLARIS, USE_LIBCURL, and ZIP_LINKS into setup.h by using AC_DEFINE([BLAH]) instead of CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DBLAH".
I'm pretty sure that this will reduce the number of support requests in #unreal-support which are answered with ``just run `make clean all' and it'll work''.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|3rd party modules|
unreal-configure-rebuild-fixes.patch (2,374 bytes)
Sounds like a good idea.
First part: zip & remote includes, good.
As for the SunOS/Solaris change..
I don't know about either from the top of my head, so I'll just ask:
1) Is | in case permitted in POSIX bourne shell (not talking about bash)?
2) The _SOLARIS symbol, was it just defined for use by us, or does it also do something in the other (libc) header files, just like _OPEN_SOURCE etc etc
As for the last part regarding FD_SETSIZE, even though you have a case there, I'd rather have you remove that part and not sound alarm bells in pretty much every compile. Perhaps you can think of a better idea (setting a dummy variable to the value of FD_SETSIZE in setup.h? -- I dunnow).
Anyway, the fd thing is lower priority, sunos/solaris not important, but the zip & remote includes thing would be nice to have in 3.2.9.
1. http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7990989775/xcu/chap2.html shows `|' being used in case statements.
2. I'm pretty sure that _SOLARIS is only defined for our own sake. I'm very sure that it's unrelated to _XOPEN_SOURCE and _GNU_SOURCE, etc.. It's not listed at feature_test_macros(7). I still think it would just be cleaner to use AC_DEFINE for _SOLARIS instead of CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -D", etc.
3. I can strip the FD_SETSIZE warning. I think a dummy variable in setup.h is unnecessary and would cause confusion. Also:
- there is faint hope of poll() support in the next 10 years :-p
- those who have messed with the FD_SETSIZE stuff hopefully know to recompile... err... perhaps any docs which mention MAXCONNECTIONS would say you need to recompile(?).. nevermind ;-)
unreal-configure-rebuild-fixes-r1.patch (3,008 bytes)
||Ok, thanks for checking. Throw the -r1 in :)|
In CVS. :-)
- Now define _SOLARIS, USE_LIBCURL, and ZIP_LINKS in setup.h instead of the Makefiles. This means better automatic rebuilds if the latter settings change.
|2010-07-18 20:58||ohnobinki||New Issue|
|2010-07-18 20:58||ohnobinki||Status||new => assigned|
|2010-07-18 20:58||ohnobinki||Assigned To||=> ohnobinki|
|2010-07-18 20:58||ohnobinki||File Added: unreal-configure-rebuild-fixes.patch|
|2010-07-18 20:58||ohnobinki||QA||=> Not touched yet by developer|
|2010-07-18 20:58||ohnobinki||U4: Need for upstream patch||=> No need for upstream InspIRCd patch|
|2010-07-18 20:58||ohnobinki||U4: Upstream notification of bug||=> Not decided|
|2010-07-18 20:58||ohnobinki||U4: Contributor working on this||=> None|
|2010-07-19 12:12||syzop||Note Added: 0016219|
|2010-07-19 18:52||ohnobinki||Note Added: 0016220|
|2010-07-19 18:53||ohnobinki||File Added: unreal-configure-rebuild-fixes-r1.patch|
|2010-07-20 11:31||syzop||Note Added: 0016225|
|2010-07-20 18:10||ohnobinki||Note Added: 0016228|
|2010-07-20 18:10||ohnobinki||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2010-07-20 18:10||ohnobinki||Fixed in Version||=> 3.2.9-RC1|
|2010-07-20 18:10||ohnobinki||Resolution||open => fixed|